Friday, March 7, 2008

Cookie time

It's that time of the year. Girl Scout Cookies.

Thin Mints, Samoas, Do-Si-Dos, Tagalongs......[insert Homer Simpson drool sound here]

Instead of taking them home and OD'ing on them in front of the TV, I opened the packages at work and shared with my coworkers.

For those of you who don't know, Girl Scout Cookies are supremely awesome:

Thin Mints - chocolate mint wafers covered in chocolate

Samoas - shortbread cookies that have been dipped in chocolate (botom only) and topped with caramel and toasted coconut then drizzled in chocolate

Do-Si-Dos - crunchy sandwich cookies of oatmeal (cookie) and peanut butter (filling)

Tagalongs - shortbread cookie topped with a dollop of peanut butter and the entire thing is dipped in chocolate

Every year, for a limited time, the Girl Scouts raise money by selling boxes of cookies. It's a nostalgic treat that I look forward to every year. I sold them from 1981 - 1986 and still support the cause. But this year, I don't get so much joy out of eating a lot of Girl Scout cookies. So I share them with others.

1 comment:

shurgood said...

It's hard for me to stay away from those thin mints....they are so good.... :)